A place for providers and parents to find science-based information on vaccines
Vaccine Safety Research
CDC Publications by Vaccine Safety System
Publications About Specific Vaccine Safety Topics
2015 CDC Vaccine Safety Publications
- Abrams JY, Weintraub ES, Baggs JM, McCarthy NL, Schonberger LB, Lee GM, et al. Childhood vaccines and Kawasaki disease, Vaccine Safety Datalink, 1996-2006. Vaccine. 2015 Jan 3;33(2):382-7.
- Baker MA, Kaelber DC, Bar-Shain DS, Moro PL, Zambarano B, Mazza M, et al. Advanced clinical decision support for vaccine adverse event detection and reporting. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Sep 15;61(6):864-70. Epub 2015 Jun 9.
- Chen RT, Shimabukuro TT, Martin DB, Zuber PL, Weibel DM, Sturkenboom M. Enhancing vaccine safety capacity globally: A lifecycle perspective. Vaccine. Epub 2015 Sep 30.
- Datwani H, Moro PL, Harrington T, Broder K. Chorioamnionitis following vaccination in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.Vaccine. 2015 Jun 17;33(27):3110-3. Epub 2015 May 11.
- Duffy J, Weintraub E, Vellozzi C, DeStefano F; Vaccine Safety Datalink. Narcolepsy and influenza A(H1N1) pandemic 2009 vaccination in the United States. Neurology. 2014 Nov 11;83(20):1823-30. Epub 2014 Oct 15.
- Grohskopf LA, Sokolow LZ, Olsen SJ, Bresee JS, Broder KR, Karron RA. Prevention and control of influenza with vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, United States, 2015-16 influenza season. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015 Aug 7;64(30):818-25.
- Haber P, Parashar UD, Haber M, DeStefano F. Intussusception after monovalent rotavirus vaccine—United States, Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), 2008–2014. Vaccine. 2015 Sep 11;33(38):4873-7. Epub 2015 Aug 11.
- Hibbs BF, Moro PL, Lewis P, Miller ER, Shimabukuro T. Vaccination errors reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, United States, 2000–2013. Vaccine. 2015 Jun 22;33(28):3171-8. Epub 2015 May 14.
- Iqbal S, Li R, Gargiullo P, Vellozzi C. Relationship between Guillain-Barré syndrome, influenza-related hospitalizations, and influenza vaccine coverage. Vaccine. 2015 Apr 21;33(17):2045-9. Epub 2015 Mar 4.
- Iqbal S, Shi J, Seib K, Lewis P, Moro PL, Woo EJ, et al. Preparation for global introduction of inactivated poliovirus vaccine: Safety evidence from the US Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, 2000-2012. Lancet Infect Dis. 2015 Oct;15(10):1175-82. Epub 2015 Aug 16.
- Kharbanda EO, Vazquez-Benitez G, Lipkind HS, Klein NP, Cheetham TC, Naleway A, et al. Evaluation of the association of maternal pertussis vaccination with obstetric events and birth outcomes. JAMA. 2014 Nov 12;312(18):1897-904.
- Klein NP, Lewis E, Fireman B, Hambidge SJ, Naleway A, Nelson JC, et al. Safety of measles-containing vaccines in 1-Year-old children.Pediatrics. 2015 Feb;135(2):e321-9. Epub 2015 Jan 5.
- Lopalco PL, DeStefano F. The complementary roles of Phase 3 trials and post-licensure surveillance in the evaluation of new vaccines.Vaccine. 2015 Mar 24;33(13):1541-8. Epub 2014 Nov 4.
- McNamara LA, Shumate AM, Johnsen P, MacNeil JR, Patel M, Bhavsar T, et al. First use of a serogroup B meningococcal vaccine in the us in response to a university outbreak. Pediatrics. 2015 May;135(5):798-804.
- McNeil MM, Weintraub E, Duffy J, Sukumaran L, Jacobsen SJ, Klein NP, et al. Risk of anaphylaxis following vaccination in children and adults. J Allergy Clin Immunol. Epub 2015 Sep 28.
- Miller ER, Moro PL, Cano M, Shimabukuro T. Deaths following vaccination: What does the evidence show? Vaccine. 2015 Jun 26;33(29):3288-92. Epub 2015 May 23.
- Miller ER, Shimabukuro T, Hibbs B, Moro P, Broder K, Vellozzi C. Vaccine safety resources for nurses. Am J Nurs. 2015 Aug; 115(8):55-58.
- Moro PL, Arana J, Cano M, Lewis P, Shimabukuro TT. Deaths reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, United States, 1997-2013. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Sep 15;61(6):980-7. Epub 2015 May 28.
- Moro PL, Jankosky C, Menschik D, Lewis P, Duffy J, Stewart B, et al. Adverse events following Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccines in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, 1990-2013. J Pediatr. 2015 Apr;166(4):992-7. Epub 2015 Jan 15.
- Moro PL, McNeil MM, Sukumaran L, Broder KR. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s public health response to monitoring Tdap safety in pregnant women in the United States. Hum Vaccin Immunother. Epub 2015 Sep 17.
- Moro PL, Zheteyeva Y, Lewis P, Shi J, Yue X, Museru OI, et al. Safety of quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine (Gardasil®) in pregnancy: Adverse events among non-manufacturer reports in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, 2006-2013. Vaccine. 2015 Jan; 33(4): 519-22.
- Payne DC, Baggs J, Klein NP, Parashar UD. Does preventing rotavirus infections through vaccination also protect against naturally occurring intussusception over time? Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Jan 1;60(1):163-4.
- Petrosky E, Bocchini JA Jr, Hariri S, Chesson H, Curtis CR, Saraiya M, et al; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Use of 9-valent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine: updated HPV vaccination recommendations of the advisory committee on immunization practices.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015 Mar 27;64(11):300-4.
- Rabe IB, Miller ER., Fischer M, Hills SL. Adverse events following vaccination with an inactivated, Vero cell culture-derived Japanese encephalitis vaccine in the United States, 2009-2012. Vaccine. 2015 Jan 29;33(5):708-12.
- Rha B, Tate JE, Weintraub E, Haber P, Yen C, Patel M, Cortese MM. Intussusception following rotavirus vaccination: An updated review of the available evidence. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014 Nov;13(11):1339-48. Epub 2014 Jul 26.
- Stratton KG, Cook AJ, Jackson LA, Nelson JC. Simulation study comparing exposure matching with regression adjustment in an observational safety setting with group sequential monitoring. Stat Med. 2015 Mar 30;34(7):1117-33.
- Shimabukuro TT, Nguyen M, Martin D, DeStefano F. Safety monitoring in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). Vaccine. 2015 Aug 26;33(36):4398-405. Epub 2015 Jul 22.
- Sukumaran L, McCarthy NL, Kharbanda EO, McNeil MM, Naleway AL, Klein NP, et al. Association of Tdap vaccination with acute events and adverse birth outcomes among pregnant women with prior tetanus-containing immunizations. JAMA. 2015 Oct 20;314(15):1581-1587.
- Sukumaran L, McCarthy NL, Kharbanda EO, Weintraub ES, Vasquez-Benitez G, McNeil MM, et al. Safety of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis and influenza vaccinations in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol. 2015 Nov;126(5):1069-74.
- Sukumaran L, McCarthy NL, Li R, Weintraub ES, Jacobsen SJ, Hambidge SJ, et al. Demographic characteristics of members of the Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD): A comparison with the United States population. Vaccine. 2015 Aug 26;33(36):4446-50. Epub 2015 Jul 23.
- Sukumaran L, McNeil MM, Moro PL, Lewis PW, Winiecki SK, Shimabukuro TT. Adverse events following measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine in adults reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), 2003-2013. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 May 15;60(10):e58-65.